There is no explicit mapping for the categories 'Hangfire.SqlServer.CountersAggregator' & 'Hangfire.SqlServer.ExpirationManager'

I have my solution working as expected in a DEV environment, but when I moved it to QUA, I’m getting two errors logged by my application: There is no explicit mapping for the categories ‘Hangfire.SqlServer.CountersAggregator’ when Aggregating records in ‘Counter’ table… and There is no explicit mapping for the categories ‘Hangfire.SqlServer.ExpirationManager’ when Removing outdated records from table ‘AggregatedCounter’… The code is exact in both environments. The install.sql script ran without error in QUA creating the Hangfire schema. The hangfire user used in the connection string has db_owner security access.

Does anyone know what these errors are referring to? Thanks!

This looks similar to the error thrown by Paterns and Practices logging. THis happens when the catergoirs section is missing an entry. In this case “Hangfire.SqlServer.CountersAggregator”.

Easiest solution, add a special sources entry to handle any catagory thrown at P&P.

<specialSources>
  <allEvents switchValue="All" name="All Events"/>
  <notProcessed switchValue="All" name="Unprocessed Category">
    <listeners>
      <add name="Database Trace Listener"/>
      <!-- add any other listener here -->
    </listeners>
  </notProcessed>
</specialSources>

or change the logWarningsWhenNoCategoriesMatch setting to False

<loggingConfiguration name="Logging Application Block" tracingEnabled="true" defaultCategory="" logWarningsWhenNoCategoriesMatch="false">