Amazon SQS Support

Are there any plans to add support to Amazon’s Simple Queue Service (SQS) support to Hangfire? I see that there is now support for Azure Queues, which is probably similar.

If there isn’t a current plan, I could use Hangfire.Azure.QueueStorage as inspiration and build it. We use SQS for our queues since it’s less servers to maintain, and would love to plug that into HangFire.

I have no plans to implement it myself, but I always welcome community contributions. If you have plans to implement it, you’d better to look at MSMQ or RabbitMQ extensions – Azure queues does not support Hangfire 1.0 yet (there were some breaking changes).

But I’m curious whether your ASP.NET application uses Amazon as a production environment. Because otherwise external queue service may lead to additional processing latencies, especially if it is located far, far away from your SQL Server storage.

Our full environment is in AWS - our application servers run EC2, so it’s a gigabit connection to SQS. Our average latency for adding and removing from the queue is < 10ms.

Thanks, I’ll look at the MSMQ or RabbitMQ implementations to see if I should implement the SQS support.

I might take a look at this, I want to be able to use SQL Server + SQS for an upcoming project. So will let you know how I get on.

Amazon MQ now supports RabbitMQ, so if you’re looking for a managed queue service that you don’t need to host yourself, within AWS, then perhaps that is an option?

That said, I have not tested hangfire with it, but it claims to implement/be RabbitMQ.