I have been using Hangfire with sql server in an IIS site meant only for running recurring jobs.
No other traffic comes to that site other than me occasionally checking up on execution statuses.
After going live with the site, I noticed that after a day or two recurring jobs are not executed at all. Instead, they are queuing up. When I restarted the app all queued jobs were running at once and my main enterprise app was badly affected.
On the first few times this happened I thought this was an IIS issue, I configured my app not to recycle after remaining idle, and be "Always running" . This didn't help much. I also upgraded to latest release of Hangfire version last month.
Hanfire is great! it handles the worries of running the job and displaying the current status, but without stability I'm now under pressure to let it go.