Newtonsoft.Json 4.5.0.0 Dependency

Hi guys. I started integrating Hangfire into our app and it seems like others before me I have also come across the issue with Hangfire.Core depending on Newtonsoft.Json 4.5.0.0 for some reason.

I get the error:
Could not load file or assembly ‘Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at Hangfire.Common.JobHelper.ToJson(Object value)

I naturally tried making sure I have an assembly redirect with:

But that doesn’t seem to be having any effect.

When I look at Hangfire.Core dependencies for .NET Framework 4.5 it says Newtonsoft.Json >= 5.0.1 but clearly that’s not the case as it’s looking for 4.5.0.0. In any case, I would expect the redirect SHOULD work, but for some reason is not. The configuration section doesn’t have a namespace so that can’t be the issue either.

Really running out of ideas and what’s causing this in the first place anyways… pls assist.

Worked it out. Issue was that Newtonsoft.Json 12.0.1 was reporting as 12.0.0 so needed to redirect to 12.0.0.0 and it all worked.

1 Like

Por favor decime como porque me esta volviendo loco