Issue with MVC Routing on Deployment to Dev Environment

I am currently experiencing a strange issue with our Hangfire implementation - only on deployment to our higher environment however. When I try to access the Dashboard URL I receive a “System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The controller for path ‘/jobs’ was not found or does not implement IController.”. I have tried a number of changes to get the route to be picked up - and have also tried specifically ignoring the route to see if that resolved the issue but to no avail.

My Startup Class Code is below;

[assembly: OwinStartup(typeof(HubPortal.Web.Startup))]
namespace MyApp.Web
{

public partial class Startup
{
    public void Configuration(IAppBuilder app)
    {
        ConfigureAuth(app);

try
        {
            //addition of Hangfire startup calls
            GlobalConfiguration.Configuration.UseSqlServerStorage("ScheduledJobs");

GlobalConfiguration.Configuration.UseActivator(
                new UnityJobActivator(UnityConfig.ConstructStandAloneContainer<PerResolveLifetimeManager>()));

app.UseHangfireDashboard();
            app.UseHangfireDashboard("/jobs", new DashboardOptions
            {
                AuthorizationFilters = new[] { new HangfireAuthorizationFilter() }
            });
            app.UseHangfireServer();

RecurringJob.AddOrUpdate<ScheduledJobsHandler>(x => x.MySpecialJob(), Cron.Daily(2, 0));

}
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            //Issue loading Hangfire control
        }
    }
}

}

My Authorization Filter is below (to be extended to administrators only once I can get the Dash working);

using System.Collections.Generic;
using Hangfire.Dashboard;
using Microsoft.Owin;

namespace HubPortal.Web.AuthorizationFilters
{
public class HangfireAuthorizationFilter : IAuthorizationFilter
{
public bool Authorize(IDictionary<string, object> owinEnvironment)
{
// In case you need an OWIN context, use the next line,
// OwinContext class is the part of the Microsoft.Owin package.
var context = new OwinContext(owinEnvironment);

// Allow all authenticated users to see the Dashboard (potentially dangerous).
        return context.Authentication.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated;
    }
}

}

Has anyone encountered this issue before? It also fails if I don’t try a custom route to the dashboard and just take the default route.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

This issue is still occurring despite a number of attempted fixes. I’m surprised noone has seen this issue before given my app is simply following the documentation - this only occurs on higher environments, our local development environment works as expected.

I am new to hangfire but in my environment I do the following

var options = new DashboardOptions { AppPath = VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute("~") };
        app.UseHangfireDashboard("/hangfire", options); ;

you may want to try adding AppPath to your DashboardOptions