Dashboard problems on Azure VM

The Dashboard on my .NET 8 web app running on Windows server on a Azure VM won’t display, and throws an Exception (see below). It works fine on the development server (Windows 10). Both systems worked fine under .NET 5 and only gave problems after I upgraded the system to .NET 8.
Hangfire 1.8.6

Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Query processor could not produce a query plan because of the hints defined in this query. Resubmit the query without specifying any hints and without using SET FORCEPLAN.
at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)
at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() …

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions welcome.

Answering my own question… I found the problem. I had created the Hangfire SQL tables from the test server schema using an SSMS script. I had neglected to make the script creation utility include table indices however. Without indices Hangfire can’t work properly with the database tables.