Associate a method to be executed recurrently using Hangfire

Am using Gmail API to send emails. I would like to send the email every minute (this is for testing, will set a proper interval later). Now, I have a working hangfire setup and also a working gmail api setup. both are tested. but when I put them together as follows, I don’t see any email, though the Hangfire job runs.
RecurringJob.AddOrUpdate(() => job.SendEmail(service), Cron.Minutely);

When I debug through, I don’t even get it doesn’t even hit my SendEmail method.

Any thoughts on what am doing wrong?
Edit: This is not only a problem with email sending job, pretty much any other job. Eg: I have a test method, all it does is print to console a test message. I associate it to the recurring job like below and still nothing is shown in console.

using (var server = new BackgroundJobServer()) { Console.WriteLine("Hangfire Server started. Press any key to exit..."); RecurringJob.AddOrUpdate<RecurringEmail>(x => x.TestMethod(), Cron.Minutely); Console.ReadKey(); }

public void TestMethod()
        {
            Console.WriteLine("Called from hangfire!!!");
        }

I can see it print the message “Hangfire Server started. Press any key to exit…” but the TestMethod() doesn’t get called.

I have figured out. This whole time I have missed hooking up OWIN and the IIS integrated pipeline. Adding
[assembly: OwinStartup(typeof(MyNameSpace.MyClass))]
above my name space fixed it.
And my code to send the email is
var job = new RecurringEmail(); using (var server = new BackgroundJobServer()) { Console.WriteLine("Hangfire Server started. Press any key to exit..."); RecurringJob.AddOrUpdate(() => job.SendEmail(), Cron.Minutely); Console.ReadKey(); }