One Hangfire Database for Multiple Applications

Hi,

I read this forum discussion and it sounds pretty clear to me that a single Hangfire database isn’t designed to work with multiple applications.

However, my colleagues at work are hoping to try to get a single database to work with multiple applications anyway. We have about 4 or 5 .Net applications we would like to use it for and they don’t want to have to maintain 4 or 5 additional SQL databases.

Do you have any advice on this? Should I tell them it is simply not possible to use only one Hangfire database? Or is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Hi Benjamin,

We are into the same situation. Can you please share your findings?

Thanks

Hi Fabrid,

We decided it might be possible to integrate Hangfire into an existing database, but instead of trying to figure that out we ended up just giving it its own database for each application. We used a naming convention like “MyApplication.Hangfire” for naming the hangfire databases.

Ben

Ben, thank you so much for sharing your experience. In my case, I am aiming to use the existing application database, I think it will reduce the burden of maintenance since we have to maintain hundreds of site.

Fabrid :wink:

Yes, that makes a lot of sense - I’d aim for that if I had hundreds of sites as well! Good luck! :slight_smile: